You can start programs or open files with it.
It is basically the same as the Quick Launch Bar you usually find next to the Start button of Windows.
However KwickLaunch has a number of advantages:
- It can be placed freely everywhere on the screen and it does not dock to a screen border or inside the Task Bar.
- There is no automatical hiding option. KwikLaunch is always visible.
- KwikLaunch is semi transparent, and mouse clicks go through it unless you hold the mouse pointer over it for a given amount of time.
- It can contain menus, which are simply defined as sub folders of the main button folder.
- The buttons can be grouped into menus in order to save space on the KwikLaunch bar.
This screen shot shows KwikLaunch above the Windows Explorer.
It is in the transparent state now, which means that it is visible, but mouse clicks are applied to the Windows Explorer below it.
After holding the mouse pointer over it for a short time it becomes 'solid'.
Now you can click on the buttons.
This screen shot shows a menu automatically created from all text files in the button folder.
Of couse you can open files by dragging and dropping them onto a program button or onto a menu button of the KwikLaunch bar.
Download KwikLaunch now
(c) Copyright by Markus Welz 2005